As AI becomes more prevalent, it’s imperative that governments have practices in place to ensure that it’s used responsibly. This starts with governments establishing their own guiding principles, then choosing and operationalizing a system of governance. We recognize that every government will have their own perspective on responsible AI, but we’re hopeful that our perspective will serve as a helpful starting point as they embark on their own AI journey.
In this module, you will:
- Determine the elements of an AI governance system.
- Choose an AI governance model that fits your government’s needs.
- Approach policy discussions to promote broad development and deployment of ethical AI systems.
- Introduction – 1 min
- Responsible AI in government
- Choosing an organizational model with Altimeter – Part 1 – 9 min
- Choosing a governance model – 10 min
- Policy considerations – 10 min
- Choosing an organizational model with Altimeter – Part 2 – 5 min
- Knowledge check – 2 min
- Summary and resources – 5 min